Pages

Search blog and web

Distracting myself from trouble

  • Thread Starter

Hi all,

In my first year of uni I started sleeping with a guy casually who was gorgeous (probably out of my league), but a notorious player. I didn't mind as I wasn't looking for anything serious, but eventually, as usual, I started developing feelings and so cut it off, but we remained friends.

We've stayed friends for the last two years and chatted a lot (although met up rarely, probably because he knew I wasn't going to put out), but no one's ever.... affected me this much before. It's like I haven't been able to stop thinking about him for 2 years. He's fun and a challenge and good looking and we have great conversations.

BUT - I know, from knowing the way he speaks to me occasionally (when he's looking for sex) and knowing a few of his friends that he's a player and I don't ever think (even if he was interested, which I'm fairly sure he isn't) I could maintain a proper relationship as I couldn't trust him.

So I need some advice. I've got 6 months left at uni (he's already graduated so no worries about him being around), but it's a small uni and the pickings are fairly slim in terms of male interests... I'm not really looking for a serious relationship but rather some companionship, but everyone I meet falls short of him and I can't feel much attraction towards anyone else even though I've tried.

I know when I leave uni and move to another city I'll be meeting loads of new people and will hopefully find someone who excites me as much, but until then I can't get him off my mind and it's driving me crazy. I know it's best to stay away from him, and I am trying my best to but since there's not much else I'm finding it hard, even after deleting him from facebook etc, I still can't shake him from my mind.

Any advice? I know I need distraction in some way shape or form but nothing I've tried as worked..

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment