Pages

Search blog and web

I think my husband suspects me of cheating

Before I go into too much detail I have to confess that I did cheat once before. It was a stupid, drunken mistake. I could have gotten away with it scott-free, but instead I knew I had to confess in order to be honest with myself and my marriage. The details of that don't really matter to this situation, suffice to say that it was rough for a while, and it took a long time to work through it. It's since been 3 years, and things have been going extremely well. Until recently that is.

It isn't anything major, just a couple little things here and there. My schedule at work recently changed and lines up with a friend of ours who lives up the road. We've known him and his wife for years and years, we all went to high school together, and we're very close. So he and I started carpooling to work, it's 45 miles one direction, about an hour long drive. Gas is expensive, and it save maintenance on both of our cars. Anyway, I think my husband is toying with the idea in his mind that we might be having an affair. It's not the case, I have no intention of hurting my husband like that again, especially not with a very close personal friend.

I don't think he's convinced himself of it yet, but it's little things he does like looking at my phone screen if I'm checking a text message. I don't hide it from him because there's nothing to hide, but I find it odd. And one day he made a passing half-joke that my friend and I should stop sleeping with each other. I just laughed it off, but that's what got me thinking. It felt like he was gauging my reaction or something.

Thing is I'm not really certain how to handle it. I don't want to just come out and say it in case he really isn't thinking I'm having an affair and that'll make him start thinking it. But if he is, I also don't want him agonizing over it and getting himself worked up. I also don't want him thinking our friend would do something like that either and have it wind up ruining the friendship. For now I've just been going about business as usual, I just don't know if I should keep doing that and wait for him to say something or what I should do. Honestly I feel kind of silly even posting this, just having typed it all out makes me feel a little bit better.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment