Pages

Search blog and web

Halloween mischief thing of past?

Is there any mishchief that goes on in your area on Halloween anymore?

I live in a rural area, and there is practically nothing anymore. When I was a youngster in the 70s and 80s, there was toilet-papering, soaping windows, cutting trees in the road, burning hay rolls, egging, shooting fireworks, and a hundred other pranks i could mention. I remember law enforcement patrol was thick on those nights. If we drove through town, it was crawling with groups of kids up to mischief. People were always nervous about being out on Halloween, and nervous as to whether their house would get hit. These days, it's nothing. It's probably been this way here for 10 or more years.

I asked a local policeman, and he said it's no big deal anymore. I drove through town this morning, and I couldn't tell Halloween had even happened.

I'm curious, are the pranks gone everywhere else too? I wonder what toned that tradition down?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment