Pages

Search blog and web

Is it Ok if Mental Illness is part of reason for leaving?

As much as we talk things just have not worked out for us. Coupled with that is my spouse's mental illness which just cannot get under control. After 12 years of dealing with it I just find it really stresses me as there is just not much you can really do to help. I have done all that I can, but it is a terrible illness.

Unfortunately I think now that I look at moving on, after not getting the support through my cancer journey, and not having a spouse that can be engaged for partial reasons probably due to her illness..well I feel extreme guilt about my impending decision. That leaving partly due to her not being able to be the spouse I need, due to her illness, well that I should stick with her. But after my cancer, I need to move ahead with life..now. I do not know what tomorrow will bring. And my spouse is not able to. We constantly will be dealing with their illness..and I find that incredibly hard.

Has anyone else left a spouse partly due to mental illness and how have you dealt with the guilt? Thank you every one.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment