Pages

Search blog and web

How do I stop being so paranoid about this?

  • Thread Starter

So to cut a long story short, a few weeks back I posted a thread asking how I should handle a guy possibly liking me when I not only was not attracted to him, but found him a bit annoying in conversation (I know that sounds horrible and if I wasn't paranoid he liked me, I probably wouldn't take such issue with it). However, I was speaking from a highly paranoid POV, having little experience talking to guys as well as thinking from a worst case scenario perspective. The problem isn't so much I think I'm so damn desirable no guy can help but fancy me, I'm just someone who's always terrified about getting into an awkward situation.

Anyways, fast forward to now; I bought a ticket to this event hosted by the drama society that I was really looking forward to. This guy is also in the drama society so him going to was always a possibility but I didn't want to worry over something so stupid so I bought a ticket. Now today I've found out he is going and I've went over all the bad things that could happen as a result of this-
1. (Unlikely) Because I've kind of been avoiding talking to him (in the most polite way possible), he may ask why or want to catch up or something; this wouldn't be so bad except I'm going alone so I want to try and meet other people; last time I ended up trapped in a conversation (i.e. I felt too scared of being impolite to go and talk to someone else) I really didn't want to be in and wound up not meeting anyone else all evening.
2. (Highly unlikely) He tries to flirt or worse, dance with me (it's WW1 themed and part of the event is teaching people the sort of dances they used to do).
3. (Near impossible) Half the drama society now know I'm a bitch that ignores people.

As said, I am fully aware all of these scenarios are unlikely but I'm seriously considering not going on the fear karma may come back to bite me for being such a mean bitch in the first place. What do I do here?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment