Pages

Search blog and web

What do I do with this information?

My husband recently told me something...

We have been through a lot, and finally are marriage is back on solid ground, we have never been stronger or happier together than we are now...not that it's perfect, but a long way from where we were.

So...he has a tendency to lie through omission and I've long stopped quizzing him about what he is or isn't telling me....but last night I asked if there was anything I didn't know, not in a grilling sort of way, but just to be open and honest with each other.

Well, he told me he had met a coworker at a restaurant/bar late one night (I had known in advance, she was friends with both of us, and going through a lot....I stayed home with our young kids) well this was a couple of years ago now, and he just told me she came onto him, and propositioned performing a sexual act on him, and said she had liked him a long time, etc etc. he says he did nothing, and turned her down, and they more or less didn't speak again. They no longer work at the place they used to together.

I'm a little bit floored by this. I am not sure he honestly didn't do anything, but it was a long time ago and I'm not all that upset about that, more that he just never told me. I feel really stupid that I continued to be friendly with her and had no idea....

I am really glad he did finally tell me though, and I don't want to discourage him from telling me things. But now I wonder, what do I do with this? Last night I made sure he un friended her from Facebook (yah still friends on there, not sure why he wouldn't have deleted her if what happened happened) and I did the same....but now what? I considered calling her and asking about it, but it was so long ago, and I'm not sure what she might say or if it would be the truth. As of now she has no idea anything has happened, and we are no longer close and very rarely talk anyway.

Really, I trust my husband at this point, he has come a long way from the person he was a few years ago, and I don't want to rock the boat....on the other hand, it still leaves me questioning what else I don't know....should I push to get to the bottom of this incident or let it go?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment