Pages

Search blog and web

Question about Spousal Support

My wife and I are currently separated and getting ready to start the divorce process. She wants the divorce, I don't. Anyway, we seem to agree with everything (splitting the money 50/50, joint custody) except for one thing - spousal support.

We were married 15 years and for the entire marriage I had mental health issues and later chronic pain which prevented me from working full-time, so I worked part-time and provided a supplementary income. I also took care of our child (with help from my mom) and helped a little with the household.

We are currently still living together (in separate rooms) until the lease expires. I currently do not make enough money to support myself. But, she feels I should live off the money we're going to split (which would maybe last a few months). I disagree and feel she should provide spousal support until I can get on my feet and stabilize.

Can somebody please provide some insight or advice on this? The lease expires in a couple of months and I'm scared. I'm also worried because I will lose my health insurance through her, which I need for my medical conditions. I relocated to her state and don't know anyone here. And I can't move back home because my child is here.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment