Pages

Search blog and web

Dealing with the silent treatment

Has anyone been on the receiving end of the silent treatment from their spouse? My husband and I are currently separated and living in separate places. We have discussed reconciling here and there, however, no real effort has been made on his part. I want to reconcile very much.

My husband's favorite form of "abuse" in our marriage was the silent treatment. A way to make me feel unimportant and completely absent from his thoughts. I always knew it was a controlling tactic and I would try my best to remember that it was not my fault. It was a very immature way for him to deal with any "issue" in our marriage.

We remain in contact through text messages and have seen each other on occasion for lunch or dinner throughout our 3/4 months not living together.

I had plans this past weekend to go out with a bunch of friends from Friday through Monday out of town, which he knew about. I guess I really wasn't surprised that despite my attempts to be in contact with him over the weekend, to say "Hello" via text etc., that he completely went silent from Thursday evening to Monday night. Then claimed he was "studying" all weekend, hence why he never responded to me. Deep down, I know that this was his form of punishment as I was going out and having a great time and not sitting at home, crying over him.

Although I am smart enough to realize this game, it still hurts so much that he chooses to do this to me especially when communication is SO important. I would really appreciate any input or advice from members on TAM which have a spouse who chooses the silent treatment :( I would love some words of support and encouragement.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment