Pages

Search blog and web

did counseling end your marriage?

I'm just full of questions. About to start marriage counseling in a few days, sort of a "last resort" at this point. Theres kind of been this idea that marriage counseling is not only the last resort, but is a surefire way to mend things. I mean... that's why you go, to help someone facilitate communication and give you tools to repair your marriage, right? It's beginning to occur to me that possibly it could do just the opposite, it could drive either one of us or even both of us away from this marriage... I am afraid of that.

Has this happened to anyone in their previous marriages, where marriage counseling actually drove you to end your marriage? If so, why? Was it because your spouse (or even you) stopped participating fully, was it because there was an epiphany moment? Did just one of you learn from counseling that you wanted out, or both of you? Did your spouse feel that counseling made him/her want out but YOU did NOT? Looking for stories. I'm trying to prepare myself for this possibility.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment