Pages

Search blog and web

What a Difference a Year Can Make!

This is only my second post to TAM as it's been almost an entire year since I posted last. I was ready to leave and walk away from my marriage. I'm thankful to say a lot has changed since that day. I think after my post here I just fell apart from frustration and disgust from the whole situation.

I don't remember everything exactly but after my mini break down my husband really began to make an effort between us. We finally started talking (not as much as I'd like but it was a start and a step up from nothing). We even started having sex a couple of times a month (still not ideal but again better than nothing).

Maybe it was the fact that 20 years was approaching or what but we both began to think and look at our relationship differently. I think be both saw that if we'd fought this hard to stay together for this long our marriage was worth saving.

I'm just thankful that we held on to our promise that if one of us was willing to work at it then the other one has to go along for the ride. I can say that we have worked our way back to some normalcy by making more time for sex, dates and communication.

I do know that we still have at least two elephants left in the room to conquer (my weight and his demons from childhood abuse) to go but I'm hopeful that as we weather these storms things will improve even more between us.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment