Pages

Search blog and web

The secret to a long and happy relationship?

You've been with someone for several years and its still going great? You don't take each other for granted and love each other so much, even after all this time, even after your highs and lows? What is your secret?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half (long-distance). I feel we're dealing well with the distance but sometimes the relationship its self is a challenge. I still love him immensely and want to be with him, but our 'honeymoon phase' is over and the little things, the little arguments and his bad habits are starting to annoy me.

I know this is quite normal as a relationship matures- but the thought that I may never feel that initial 'wow', in the early days of a relationship when everything seems perfect, scares me a little bit. How do you keep your relationship alive? And how do you continue the interesting conversations and the jokes, even though you talk to each other every day and things can get a bit repetitive sometimes?

I just do not want to end up with the relationship my parents had with each other. They hate one another and I watched them hating each other throughout my whole childhood, it was devastating. I promised myself I would never let my own relationships become like theres- what's the secret to ever-lasting happiness in the long-term?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment