Pages

Search blog and web

Fear of screwing up the kids

My partner just stormed out of the house after a 3 way argument erupted over putting the youngest to bed.

He was really tired and throwing a tantrum - normally it's my job to put them to bed, but I was falling asleep on the sofa after having taken the kids out while my partner slept the afternoon. This doesn't normally happen I usually do it regardless of the situation.

Anyway it started as a tantrum and shouting between her and the child, ended up with a short 3 way and then she sat with the child briefly before leaving.

Long story - we have been backwards and forwards from the brink for several years. Our lives are now so diffeent I am not sure if there is a way back - I am not sure both of us can make it work.

In many ways I have become resigned to a separation over the last 1-2 years. And that's where my concern starts:

My oldest went through a really bad experience at school for 3 years which ended up with him being diagnosed with a condition that explains alot of the challenges he has faced. Anyway he has had some treatment (most to come) and we moved out of the area to a new school. He now has some friends for probably the first time in the last 5 years.

The youngest is really settled in the school as well after having started a couple of years ago.

Herein lies the problem - I know mostly the kids go to mum, but we don't own our house and I know that the child support I would be required to pay would not cover the rent on our house let alone bills. It's an expensive suburb to live. My partner doesn't work so I am faced with the prospect of not only losing my children but also the prospect of them ending up in a much worse situation than they are today. I have even looked at the option of paying more but on a single income I wouldn't be able to live either.

It's eating me up, it has been for several months and so I have shied away from separation. But, I know this cannot continue otherwise it will affect the kids by us staying together.

We have no family in country so they can't help out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment