Pages

Search blog and web

Consistent "I have a boyfriend!" response. I feel sick when guys approach me?

I've been approached by numerous guys since I started university. I'll be honest, it's very flattering and makes me feel less hideous at times. I often do find the guy to be attractive but always get a cringe-like feeling as soon as I come to realise what he's doing. I feel like a sexual object, someone he wants to fulfil his momentary lust. As OTT as that sounds, I just want to communicate that I feel both appreciative of the attention but also slightly nauseated at the aim of the approach.

I know there's no other way for a guy to be attracted to a girl (when he doesn't know her) other than physically. I just feel objectified. FYI, I'm not a feminist, I'm an equalist. I just can't help but feel that way and often tell guys "I have a boyfriend" on this basis. Anybody else feel uncomfortable when approached for their number? I don't like the idea of giving a stranger my number but know there's no other way to get to know them...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment