Pages

Search blog and web

Am I crazy??

I don't know if I just need a wife's perspective on this or what, but here's the deal. My wife has an old friend that I feel is toxic. She has been nothing but needy so far as I can see. Last year there was a falling out between them, and it occurred during a family vacation that my wife invited her friends family to. We checked into our condo and it was a first floor, two bedroom. Her friend arrived about one hour later and as she was checking her family in, they were booked for a third floor, two bedroom. This was not acceptable to her friend so she came over to me complaining about being on the third floor, blah blah, we have a small baby and my dad can't walk..The place had an elevator so walking was not an issue. I felt like I was being attacked because of the resort booking so I walked away and asked my wife to go take care of her friends issue. Her friend was then asking that we give them our condo. Keeping in my mind that this was our vacation and her friend was simply asked if she'd like to take advantage of a good weekly rate through our timeshare program. We got them the room rate and used some of our timeshare points to book them the condo. So for the next almost three hours, her and DH were arguing with my wife about how selfish she is, always thinking about herself..blah, blah, blah. I stayed out of it for a good time period, but eventually went over to see what the heck was going on and walked into these two calling my wife a selfish B. this hit a nerve and I finally spoke my mind. they haven't spoken for a year. Fast forward one year later and wifey decided to rekindle her friendship. Her friend agrees, but places a condition on the friendship, "Your Husband is to NEVER be around me or my family, ever!"
Here is my dilemma, it hurts me that my wife continues to show an interest in rekindling a friendship with someone that seems toxic right out of the gate. I tried explaining my feelings to the wife and she says, "You are trying to control me". I continued to explain to her that I was not trying to control her, I was simply expressing my feelings. It hurts my feelings that she doesn't express loyalty to family, especially with a friend such as that.
Are there any married women out there that may have gone through something similar, and if so, how did you handle it? Men, the same...have you experienced or felt like this, and how did you handle it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment