Pages

Search blog and web

Very irritated by gay uncle

My uncle, who is old and has children and is an evangelical Christian, has recently come out of the closet and said he's gay. That's absolutely fine, I'm happy for him if that's what he wants.

But I've found that all he seems to want to do is talk about gay stuff, and how he feels about his own coming out and his own experience. And he's changed in ways that I really don't like, his sense of appropriateness and decorum is altered for the worse, he says things that are really too much information.

I was at a pre-Christmas lunch thingy yesterday (or today, as it would be in London... I'm in Sydney atm). I didn't hear the end of it for hours and hours, and he never once asked how I'm doing or how my law studies are coming along etc or how I'm finding being back in Oz for the holidays

Perhaps it irritates me more because I'm gay and have been for years now, I just think it should be one small part of your personality. I know he's still new to all this, but freakin hell, I don't really want to hear about every aspect of his gayness. I dare say, he has the zealotry of the convert, and probably the same enthusiasm as when he became a born-again Christian.

Has anyone else had this experience with people who are newly come out of the closet?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment