Pages

Search blog and web

Always worrying if people like me or not

Does anyone ever feel like this?

I always feel like people don't like me for some reason and I really need to feel like people do or it gets me down.

I used to have a close group of friends at school but since we went to Uni I've lost touch with them over the years and am only left with one or two close friends from school.

I never really made friends with people during my undergraduate degree - I met people and got on with them when I was at Uni but never saw them outside of Uni.

I'm now on a teacher training course and I really like a lot of the people on my course, I've seen a few of them outside of Uni and the other week we all went on a Christmas night out which was great.

I always feel like I have to make loads of effort to see any of them though - if I didn't text them to say do you want to go for a drink or to eat one night I know they wouldn't text me.

I worry about stupid things like we have a Facebook group between us and if I post something and hardly anyone 'likes it' whereas ten of them will like someone else's post on the group I feel like the people who haven't liked mine deliberately did it because they don't like me! It sounds really pathetic as I type this but that's just how I feel and it gets me down sometimes.

I guess it all boils down to loneliness. My girlfriend recently split up with me after several years together and while sometimes I think it's actually a good thing because I can focus on this busy year of work, some nights I just feel utterly empty and think is anything worth it.

I'm one of these people that loves to talk about my emotions but I think to myself who can I talk to and there's literally no one really. I just hate feeling so dejected and lonely sometimes. I don't understand why I have to make the effort to speak to people on my course outside of Uni, it would be nice if one of them could give me a text some time but it wouldn't happen.

I have an amazing family and couldn't ask for more from my home life. Maybe it's just because I've been so busy on my school placement and now I'm finished for the Christmas break I'm actually a little bored and that's when I start thinking all these things.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment