Pages

Search blog and web

Destructiveness of indulging emotions

I've been on a downward spiral lately. I've always been an emotional person. When I'm up, I feel great. I walk into the room with a smile, I laugh loud and dream big. But when I'm down, I'm way down. And the personal tragedies of recent years combined with a rocky marriage and misbehaving kids plus [fill in the blank] have left me vacillating between sadness and anger.

I am finally seeing how I'm angry at, well, the world. I'm mad at the neighbor. I'm mad at my in-laws. I'm mad at my former employer. I'm mad at posts on FB. I'm mad at conservatives (part of my indulgence in my emotions is my bleeding heart!) I'm mad at my H (poor guy really gets it from me!). I'm even mad at God. And I have my reasons for this anger which I justify in my own mind.

Indulging this anger is hugely destructive to me, to my relationships, and to those who live with me.

Lastly, let me say that I am sharing here and looking for support. Thank you for listening.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment