Pages

Search blog and web

I like my friend who has a girlfriend... but does he like me back?

I'm in my first year of university, and in my dorm i met one boy, who initially found very attractive. However, soon we befriended and started hanging out in the same group a lot, and our group has become kind of like a family (cheesy I know, nevertheless true ;) ). Thus, we spend quite a lot of time together, usually daily, but more often than not it's with the group. For a couple months we weren't too close, we'd talk etc., but it was nothing special. In the last month, however, we've started to grow closer, sometimes hanging out just the two of us, he'd be there to comfort me after I had a couple fights with my closest friends, and helped me once when I got really drunk at a party (I wasn't really hanging out with him too much that night, but he found me, accompanying me to the women's toilet, got me water, and left the club early to take me home. The next day when I thanked and apologized he wouldn't hear any of it, saying he really didn't mind). He's a nice guy, however, so this behavior isn't really out of character for him.

Moreover, there are the little things that make me think that he could like me, ways that he seems to treat me a bit different than others. When I come into a room he always notices it, and somehow draws my attention to him. He's usually always somewhere close by, and for example when walking from the house to the bar, he'll always check I'm somewhere nearby. He's usually always teasing me, and constantly finds ways to touch me (in a teasing manner usually, not creepily). But sometimes in the middle of a party he'll focus on me and we'll have a serious discussion, even though just previously he was joking with the others. Also, when it's just the two of us we have nice discussions about more serious and personal stuff. We have a lot of eye contact, even when talking in a group. I've also found him glancing at me when we're across the room from each other. He's also bought me drinks, etc., and won't accept it when I try to pay him back.

It's weird, but then again sometimes he acts completely different, really quiet and seems to be in deep thought, which is a little out of character, he's more of a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. Also, he never really acts like that around our other friends (I know, because two of my best friends who know that I like him are also part of our group). Another issue is that he's in a long distance relationship, but I know he is having a lot of trouble with his girlfriend and is considering breaking up with her. He never really talks about his gf to me though, most things I hear from our mutual friends. I also heard he mentioned liking someone else when a mutual friend (also one of my closest friends) asked what's going on between the two of us, but my crush thought that this guy likes me, and possibly that I like him back.

So what should I do - should I tell him I like him? Does he seem to like me back? I'm scared of losing his friendship, and of creating an awkward situation since we have the same friend group.

Sorry for post being so long, I'm trying to provide enough detail :) But for those who don't want to read everything:
-I like my friend, who is from same friend group
-He's in a long distance relationship, considering breaking things off
-Always really nice to me, but a nice guy
-Treats me different to others
-Flirty (teasing, touching, eye contact, etc.)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment