Pages

Search blog and web

Can i be upset at my disabled friend ?

I may be being a complete drama queen and over reacting but ive been a bit upset that my best friend forgot my birthday.

My friend is wheelchair bound and suffers from numerous health problems after contracting MRSA about 5 years ago. I have always tried to support her the best I can, I come back from uni specifically to see her, I phone her constantly I go round and spend time with her when nobody else can be bothered. I buy her gifts and im always there for her. Ive stayed in and missed parties ive been desperate to go to when nobody else will so she doesn't feel left out. I don't expect her to be grateful for what I do or say thank you as I do it because I care about her and want to but im feeling a bit down that I feel like I get nothing in return from her.

Last week I arranged to come see her at a certain time so she could meet my boyfriend, when I got to her flat she wasn't in and when I called she said she would be 15 minutes. We stood outside in the cold waiting for her for 2 hours then left she then got in a mood with me that I hadn't waited longer. She buys presents and without sounding rude arse licks other people who cant be bothered with her but occasionally grace her with their presence yet never does anything for me. She calls this girl whose seen her 4 times this whole year her bestie and says how much she loves her etc when she just expects me to come see her every week and help look after her.

What has really upset me is that it was my 21st birthday on Wednesday I don't expect her to remember it but I did tell her on Monday what I was doing for my birthday, I didn't receive a text or anything at all. She was posting all over facebook how happy she was to be seeing one of these girls she calls her best friend and on facebook all day so its not like she didn't know it was my 21st. She text me today telling me to buy food for a Christmas lunch she is holding (something ill never be paid back for but it is expected)

I love her to bits but im just feeling a bit used. I just don't know what to do as I said she is sick and wheelchair bound so I don't want to hurt her feeligns but im feeling very used and not appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment