Pages

Search blog and web

Really need advice

This may be slightly long-winded but I really could do with some advice.

For so many reasons i'm considering breaking up with my boyfriend of one and a half years, but for so many reasons I really don't want to. For one, I know we'd both be heartbroken if we were to separate. But on the other hand, part of me feels like its the right thing to do. Here's why-

We're long distance and have been for over a year. When I say long, I mean a 2.5 hour drive away- not the longest of long-distance but long enough to make it difficult both emotionally and financially. I struggle immensely with not seeing him, even though we're kind of used to it by now, its still really hard. On top of that, we argue a lot when we 're apart.

He is terrible at keeping the communication going, which upsets me a lot as I feel the need to talk to him more regularly than he does to me. The arguments we have are mainly about is lack of communication, but our arguments have also included things such as our sex life, me getting jealous of his female friends (although I know I shouldn't get jealous as he would never cheat, its all In my head).

Also, distance aside, I fell as if our lives are going in opposite directions. I'm studyng a 4 year science degree and living independently in a flat. He works full time in a hotel back home with no aspirations to do anything with his life (although I know this shouldn't bother me, it does) and he still lives with his mum despite being nearly 23 years old. I just feel like our future could be pretty crap if ever we were to have one because we don't have that much in common.

Having said that, when we're together properly and can see each other, i'm so happy. I know for certain I would be devastated if I acted on these feelings and let him go. He is the lovliest person ever, so sweet and genuine and kind. Never have I met a nicer guy in my life. I've envisioned us getting married one day and having kids- that is how much I love him. Even though I know this is probably unrealistic and just a naive fantasy.

My mum doesn't approve of our long-distance relationship because she thinks it will adversely affect my uni work- and to a certain extent, she's right. I'm very distracted and feel i'm focussing more on keeping our relationship going than on uni work, which I know isn't right. In a way, its like the relationship is holding me back from doing what I want to do and reaching my full potential. Even though I know this should not be the case, because I honestly do love him more than I've ever loved anyone.

He's my first ever boyfriend and losing him would be incredibly difficult. We have so many special memories together and I can't imagine life without him. Possibly I have become a little dependant on him to be happy- is this bad? Sorry this is such a long post. Just really, really desperate for some advice. These thoughts have been going round in my head for months, but I feel like I couldn't live without him

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment