Pages

Search blog and web

TV and home entertainment Geeks, your input is needed

Family Christmas present - New TV and entertainment center (i.e. sound system). It has been almost 10 years.

So I have a first generation plasma flat screen TV (47") mounted on the wall. The mounts can hold up to 100 lbs. set. So, I am not going to reposition anything with the mounts and don't want to put the TV on a stand. I have measured the space where the new TV will be mounted and the size of my space where we will watch this "sucker". A 55" will do and given the newer sets are lighter I don't think this will be a problem. I also know a lot of new sets come with internet capability which sounds attractive since we don't have cable but have a Roku and AppleTV hooked up (for our viewing entertainment) along with some game devices. If I could eliminate the Roku and AppleTV in place of the TV internet access capabilities that would be fine with me.

My sons' have a WiiU (actually getting it for Christmas), Playstation3 and a Xbox360. I believe all hook up via HDMI, so three minimum would be required.

I am not sure I care for 3D capability unless some of you have very positive experiences with this. I do want a high resolution (right now we are 720p), but not sure I need very high resolution (4K).

I have done my reading and shopped in the stores (yes I am an irritating customer, ask lots of questions, check it out and walk out without buying immediately - but I eventually do buy). I would like to hear from some of you on your setups, positives and negatives. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, I am good with running the TV sound through a quality external system, unless some of you think that some sets already come with quality internal sound systems. Again, suggestions and comments would be helpful.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment