Pages

Search blog and web

Just diagnosed...

A couple week ago I posted a thread in which I talked about some emotional issues I've been having my whole life. I got a lot of good advice from foh and some others on this forum. I really just want to live a good life and be able to have great relationships with my family, friends, and hopefully a significant other one day. But my emotional problems have been pretty much ruining my relationships, and I will be the first to admit that it's mostly (if not all) my fault.

I went to several different psychologists the past week for consultations regarding my issues because I wanted to get several different opinions. All of the psychologists told me that I had BPD, yet a mild version. I know that a lot of people on this forum have been very hurt by crazy ex girl/boyfriends who were diagnosed with BPD, but I really do hope you guys-especially foh and phases- still give me your non-biased advice/support/opinion/etc. on things I post on this forum.

I am working very hard to try and fix my issues. I've taken a hard look at my life today and I've realized that a lot of my behaviors (ones that I don't even do intentionally) have ruined my friendships and past relationships. I want to have good relationships with my friends and family and hopefully one day I can have a significant other. I am very self aware of my problems and how they affect myself and others, and this is why I was diagnosed with a mild version of the disorder.

My reasoning for posting this is to follow up on the thread I posted a couple weeks ago, to see if there is anyone else who has been diagnosed with anything such as depression, bipolar, etc. and perhaps get some advice from them, and also to break the stigma that all people with BPD are complete train wrecks who don't want to fix themselves. Anyway, thanks for all the advice and support.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment