Pages

Search blog and web

Unusual housemate? Am I right to feel annoyed?

Just wanted to know whether I am being weird to find my housemate very annoying on the basis of the following background.

We are both working and we live in a two bed flat. We moved to this city at the same time about six months ago and didn't know each other before. I was really excited to be moving as it was my new start as a young professional after university.

Anyway, I have made loads and loads of friends. I work very long hours but even when I am not working I am out of the house an awful lot especially weekends.

My housemate on the other hand has made literally no effort to meet anybody here. She is a 22 year old young woman and I have invited her out so often and she just says no and stays in and watches TV. She has made no friends at her work at all. She literally works 9-5 and comes straight home and sits in front of the TV every night.

She is always moaning about how much she hates this city and spends every evening skyping her friends in Wales.She goes on and on about how amazing Wales is and how **** London is and it gets on my nerves because I love it here.

I sometimes just want to ask her what on earth possessed her to move here in the first place if all she does it work and moan about how much she wants to be back home? It is so weird! She's at least have a better time if she made an effort to enjoy life here.

So the main issue is she thinks she is still living her old life back in Wales and she goes back there every two weeks. And always has her friends down to stay (which is annoying in itself actually for me).

We get on fairly well but it annoys me that she is at the house so much. She keeps going on about how hard it is to have 'long distance friendships' like she's in another country or something? It is so unusual that she hasn't made any friends at all when she is a fairly sociable outgoing person/likes a drink?? LIke she will Skype someone she 'fell in love with in Cardiff' when she went on one of her frequent visits home after speaking to them in a nightclub and keeps waking up at 3AM to speak to this person on the phone.

URGHH! Needed to vent, I feel better already.

But yeh, is this irritating behaviour?

Can I legitimately ask her why she is in London? Or is that offensive? I'd be curious. She certainly doesn't seem very invested in living here, doesnt intend to make any connections. Very strange if you ask me for a young girl just starting out in their career, shouldn't it be an exciting time? Whenever I suggest something or going out to meet new people (heck I've got to the stage of actually trying to get her out just so she makes some goddamn friends) it's "sorry, I'm saving money for next time I am back in Cardiff."

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment