Pages

Search blog and web

I just don't get it!

I have been married for 11 years. Most of the time, we get along, have really fun & happy times together and with our kids. But it seems like once a month, he'll pick a fight with me over something really stupid and threaten to leave. He knows this angers me and it's my button he pushes.
An example of this happened yesterday. He is in a few fantasy football leagues and was complaining because his opponent for the week was already up on him by 40-some points. I said, you know, M has had so much bad news in his life the last couple of years, would it be so bad if he won this weeks match-up. This guy, M, his cousin's husband, who we are very close with, has been out of work for 2 years due to ankle fusion surgery, his mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and his dad just had lung surgery.
My husband became outraged, screaming "how dare you pick M's side over me? You should always be rooting for me. Why is it always about M"? REALLY? It's fantasy football!!!
This started a huge fight, that still continues this morning, him still threatening to leave. What can I say to get him to stop blowing things out of proportion? This morning when I brought up the fact that he started a fight over fantasy football, he said that wasn't it. Um, that was ALL that happened!!!!
I hate he does this in front of our boys. I don't want them to think this is how marriage/life works.
He generally blames all of his past mistakes on other people and has since I met him.
Any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment