Pages

Search blog and web

Divorce, anxiety, and chest pains. Please help me.

I'll cut straight to the point.

My wife and I have had issues for a couple years, and to make a long story short, she moved out in December 2012 on her own accord. I didn't want a divorce, but she did. It's been a long, hard road since then, but the divorce is finally happening this month.

All that to say, it has caused me a ton of stress, and back in June of this year, I woke up in the middle of the night with what I can only believe was a full-on panic attack. Heart was racing, hard to breathe, thought I was gonna die.

Since that day, things for me have never been the same. My pulse doesn't feel even, my heart starts beating faster than I know it should at times, once in a while I'll feel it flutter, but my main symptom is my freaking chest pain, that has been there since June, and all these months later, and has still not let up. It's there in a small amount when I am just sitting still, but it gets worse when I bend forward, or when I move certain ways. If it was something that just stuck around for a week or two - that would be one thing. Maybe an internal bruise or a really bad pulled muscle. But it's still there -all these months later. It does move around. It like to hang out right in the dead-center of my chest, but it usually moves over to the right hand side (away from my heart), but once in a while...it moves over to the left, but that's rare.

Please keep in mind, these are not anxiety attacks. This is pain that is there all throughout the day, every day. It's there when I wake up, it's there when I go to sleep.

I've been to the doctor, and I've been to the ER three times. Every time, they find nothing. I've had 4 EKGs - all normal. I've had two heart stress tests on the treadmill - normal. I've three x-rays - all normal. Echocardiogram? Normal. I wore a heart monitor where I pressed a button on it whenever I felt anything strange. Everything came back normal.

I'm actually about to wear a heart monitor again - one that records all the time, because if that comes back clear - who can argue with that?

Divorce is the only thing (though it is huge and life changing for me) that could be considered "wrong" or "stress-inducing" in my life.

I don't feel overly anxious! Stressed, sure, but I'm not having panic attacks. If this pain would just go away, I would feel so much better about myself.

I do have other symptoms of "anxiety" at times. Lump in the throat, shakiness, hard to swallow (or focusing on swallowing). But as I said, I just can't get this heaviness, tightness, and pain in my chest to go away - this pain is the main cause of my stress at this point! I may be sad, but not overly depressed - I know life will move forward after this divorce - so why all these chest pains?

Has anyone out there experienced anything like this, where almost all of your symptoms are physical, and not attributed to panic attacks? I've love to hear from you. I don't really, really think I'm gonna fall over and just die (I know that sounds like a super anxious statement), but I just can't seem to shake this pain.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment