Pages

Search blog and web

Testosterone test

What is the specific name for the test that everyone gets for testosterone levels? You know, the one that people have stated when they talk about their 200ng/dl to 600ng/dl stories.

I was going to go to a lab and get myself tested, I have a few suspicions (fatigue, lack of interest in things, etc) and just want to rule a few things out. I suspected for some time it could be low T, but I never thought about getting a test done.

The thing is, there are a number of different testosterone tests. I was told to get a "serum" test by a friend, but that was all. Here is, for example, a list of tests one lab in my area offers for testosterone:

Testosterone, Free (Direct) With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum
Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone
Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound
Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound, With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Testosterone, Free, Mass Spectrometry/Equilibrium Dialysis
Testosterone, Free, Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
Testosterone, Total, Serum


Which would I get? I am thinking the last one on the list, but I wanted to check first. Thanks!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment