Pages

Search blog and web

Got the WAW to have a "closure" convo. Crazy?

Basically my wife walked out 3 months ago. She faked counseling and when I was over it she was instantly over it. Maybe she didn't fake it and I was too wrapped up in the hurt. I'm not sure yet. Either way, we meet with a mediator to start our divorce next week.

Last night I asked her if she would be interested in a discussion to cover what actually happened in our marriage. I know we're different people. I know she may rationalize things I do not. I know she may lie to me. The discussion is predicated on improving my understanding and our relationship. We do have a small child together. I know my anger hides hurt. I know I couldn't trust her again. So I believe the marriage couldn't have lasted. Still hurts though obviously.

My goal is really just to LISTEN. I know I need to consider it could all be fake again, but I feel like if I understand someone's position (even if I don't agree) it will alleviate the frustration.

My wife NEVER communicated. It robbed me of my male assertiveness because I was always fearful. I reacted rather than fulfilling her needs, I made unspoken contracts. However, she's got her fair share in the pot.

Am I crazy for even having this conversation or is it possible that good could come from it?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment