Pages

Search blog and web

New job opportunity

So I was recently given a new job opportunity. One of my friends works for some environmental company, cleaning up and feeding birds. He leaves at the end of the summer, and they asked him if he knew anyone who could come in on the weekends to work. And he thought of me.
They pay great, almost double what I make now, but there are some draw backs.

My job now, (stocker in a grocery store) does come with some perks. Tuition reimbursement, being in a grocery store is nice sometimes, and it will look better on a resume (guessing there).
But I am underpaid for what I do (job of a floor manager at part-time stocker pay). I am due for a raise likely in August though. The store is also really close to home, so I don't spend a fortune on gas. And I report to 3 managers, I hate 2 of them.

The new job though is a long drive. Which would be a pain in the winter. And likely won't be for the same number of hours. But my friend did tell me, when he works there, some days he takes a book and after he finishes his work, he just reads for the rest of his shift, and they don't seem to mind. So I could study and get paid for it.

So this new opportunity. Should I take it? Wait for my review at work and see what kind of raise they give me? Use it as leverage to get a better raise? I am not use to this kind of stuff.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment