Pages

Search blog and web

Choices Suck

We've been together for years. We've worked thru the honeymoon, thru the comfort zone, thru the jealousy zone, raised 5 children and live pretty stable lives.
Over 4 months ago, a family member contacted us and said that she needed us to take her 6 year old child for a few months or the state would take her. To make a long story short, we did that in coordination with the state and understood it to be for a few months. She arrived with the only the clothes on her back.
They informed us a few weeks ago that it would be permanent. For weeks I have been trying to look forward to our lives, plan our future with another child, and just generally get prepared. I am not prepared to raise a 6 year old again. Our children are grown and we have grandchildren the same age.
I sat down to talk to my mate, and told them how i felt. I questioned if i had such serious doubts now, what would they turn into in the future.

The bottom line is that he feels obligated because it's his family. Which i understand, and respect, however...........it doesn't change the way i feel.

So as I pack I write this. I do not want to be the reason he doesn't do what he feels he should. That is not fair. And I do not want to repeat our 20's and 30's raising children again.

Any suggestions




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment