Pages

Search blog and web

Couples Therapy

I know this is just another stupid scripted reality show but I did watch last night.

Before you laugh at me that joke Flavor Flav was on with his wife.

All the couples went out bowling cuz the therapist wanted to see the dynamics of how the couples act in a group situation.

FF's wife was mad cuz he did not pay attention to her in the van on the way to the bowling alley. She acted like a child and refused to get out of the van, refused to go into the bowling alley and when she finally did she sat there with a sour look on her face while FF had his usual act going making everyone laugh, smile and have a good time. I hate to say this but he reminded me of the man I live with and she reminded me of me. I do not go the extremes she did, she sat under the bar like a pouting child and made a complete ass of herself. Put a damper on everyone's fun.

My man is an extrovert and am an introvert. When we are alone with each other everything of course is fine. As soon as we leave the house his whole focus is off me and on everyone else. Joking, laughing, smiling, teasing, etc. I just sit there and do not say much. I would never sit under the table and pout. I keep it inside.

Once in awhile I will ask him why he never looks or talks to me when we are out in public and his response was once, o I see you all the time, I don't see these people! That floored me.

So I decided not to make a big deal out of it, accept him for who he is and just be pleasant and have fun when we go out.

As a result we take separate vacations to see our respective families. His behavior is even worse when he is with family. He totally ignores me but of course says he does not do it on purpose so he goes to see his family out of town alone. He is there this week and I am so glad I am not there. We always end up arguing which I hate. All I want from him is a few seconds here and there, kiss me on the cheek, put the arm around me, hold my hand while we are out in public, not asking for much but for some reason I guess I am asking too much.

Anyone else have this problem? It has gotten better since we talk about it but we still take separate vacations. Next month I am visiting my daughter by myself.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment