Pages

Search blog and web

is there anything to work on here?

So I see the book The Five Love Languages often recommended to people here on TAM. After reading through the definitions of the five languages, I have realized that my husband and I do not engage in ANY of them. We never tell each other "i love you" except when we sign birthday and holiday cards, there is hardly any physical affection other than an a kiss on the cheek in the morning before we leave work. We do not have sex regularly, mostly because I haven't had much of a desire to. No acts of service, in fact everything between us is a 'tit for tat' exchange of tasks, and we are often arguing about who does more and who's not pulling their weight. No gift giving except on holidays and birthdays. Our relationship seems to be that of good friends and roommates who support each other financially and in daily life situations, with me occassionally providing for his sexual needs which really aren't that frequent due to taking antidepressents.
Is this a hopeless situation? We've been married for 13 years. It's for the most part been like this the entire marriage but gotten more so in recent years. It was NOT like this when we were dating however! We do not have kids. I've written in other threads about some other issues we've had, such as his video gaming addiction, his depression, my adhd...all of which do not help the situation. :mad:




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment