Pages

Search blog and web

Back from my first banning! Some suggestions.

First time I've been banned from any website anywhere.

I made a joke in the thread: "My Husband Has Made a Web Site Pretending to be Me" in the Ladies Lounge section (no link because it looks like the entire thread has now been deleted).

The joke was not racist, sexist, or insulting in nature. In the thread, the OP was upset that her husband posted nude photos of her to a web site without her permission. I joked that we needed a link to the web site in question to see it for ourselves in order to give her the best advice. The only way the joke could be seen as insulting is if the OP was mentally deficient enough to think I was serious. I gave her much more credit than that; I was pretty certain she would know I was joking and wouldn't give us the link.

Anyway, another TAM member (not the OP), Homemaker numero uno, took offense and told me she reported my comment. I told her that if it made her feel important to do that, then go ahead. The next day, my TAM page said I was banned until Jun 13 for "insulting another member after making an inappropriate post".

I know that many other people here have been banned for trivial things. I'm pretty sure that if I was a regular in that section, my joke would have gone over better with the mods. I guess what bothers me is that I've seen much worse jokes in other threads, and been personally attacked in several ways, even though none of them were banned. Should I have reported them? Should I respond by reporting people as a "weapon" against them? I can understand moderators deleting posts, but I think banning people at the drop of a hat is going too far. At the very least, a moderator could ask people to delete their posts or apologize first.

Who knows? Maybe I will be banned again for complaining about this...




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment