Pages

Search blog and web

Can i ask for advice? relationship/Social Anxiety

Ok well
Im seeing a guy who has Social Anxiety. I do not know that much about it and don't understand it very well despite I have very similar issues some sort of SA related.

I just can't seem to figure this guy out and need advice off people who maybe have SA and have had relationships with it or just what anyone thinks. Because from what most not SA people would think (from who ive chatted to about it) would probably say ditch him and i've become frustrated with feeling like we should be sh@gging each other's brains out because we want each other but we seem unable to!.

I know something about SA is that these people say they 'don't know what to say' like don't have any words or seem to think that what they say isn't valuable/helpful and put themself down. This is how he is tbh.

He can't eat in front of me. But he did say he'd maybe be able to. Feels hard to see if he could :S He is awkward in public and doesn't find it easy to come out with me and my friends as he does not cope well in groups he says. He doesn't seem to know what to say when I become upset/down/anxious or what to do. I don't get why he won't just cuddle me?:S It makes it come accross like he isn't bothered about me or how I feel.Online chatting he'll be more open tho and always gives virtual hugs etc, so should I assume this is just something he finds hard to do IRL and I should keep trying?It is so hard if I can't get the online stuff from him in person.

Sounds horrid to want to ditch him because of his SA but it feels pretty bad to me if he can't seem empathetic, caring and understanding. This is the ideal thing I need from a bf.:( Actually all the other stuff is secondary to that. And we do seem to have the attraction to each other. But we even seem to be unable to have sex much. Like there is a barrier between both our issues and they are conflicting.
If he was a bit more open/dominant I know i'd find it easier to feel comfortable around him. He seems inexperienced with women even tho he;s supposedly not.

I don't know whether we are getting towards something or are not(he says thinks we are), spose I ether pull out or continue to see?but have to hope he improves around me and tries to say something. Not just say he doesn't know how to help me:( I feel like he is not even trying. But don't understand SA behaviour too well as I say.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment