Pages

Search blog and web

Relationship Anxiety - Does it ever get better?

I apologize in advance, this might not be in the right section.

My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for a little over a year and up until now things have been great. About a month ago my boyfriend started becoming distant and less available to talk and I could tell something was up. I finally confronted him and he told me that he's been casually talking to a woman he met at work. He's been distant with me because he's feeling guilty that he would even seem interested in someone else. He told me that nothing sexual has happened and they're just very friendly and he catches himself thinking about her. We haven't seen each other in about 9 months and I figured that the distance had contributed to his feelings.

I was ready to break up with him until the next day I woke up to about 7 texts and a few missed phone calls. He told me that he has been in a horrible state of mind for the past few months and hasn't talked to me about it. He's ashamed of mistreating me and not telling me that he loves me enough. He promised to end all contact with the woman from work and focus on us. I was a mess during the month when he was so distant with me. I couldn't eat or sleep and I would spend most of my days crying and wondering what I had done wrong. So needless to say, I was ecstatic to hear that he loved me after that long month of uncertainty.

After that talk, things were back to normal. Actually, they were better than normal. He was treating me like he did before the "honeymoon phase" wore out. He wanted to be in contact with me 24/7. He would text me all day long while he was at work, (been a while since we had long, long talks while he was working) call me whenever he had any sort of downtime no matter how short it was. Things were great. This continued for about 5 days and then the next day he wasn't as enthusiastic anymore. He still texted and called me occasionally, just no where near as much as before. It was back to our post-honeymoon phase relationship.

Prior to our rough patch a month before, I was the most trusting and care-free person. I never questioned it when he got caught up at work or when he would take a little longer than usual to text back. I never imagined there would ever be someone else in the picture. We had talked about moving in together soon and to me it was as perfect as a long distance relationship could be. I think it was the shock of hearing that he was talking to another woman that has made me so paranoid- but now every day I wake up in fear that today will be the day he'll become distant with me again and tell me he's found someone else. I usually wake up to a text from him and if I don't I automatically assume the worst and think he's with someone else. I'm a mess until I talk with him on the phone and reassure myself that he still sounds like he loves me. We'll have a really good night and spend hours and hours talking and he'll be so loving and I'll be so happy but by the next morning that reassura nce is gone and I'm a nervous wreck until I hear from him again.

I think I'm going crazy and I'm scared I'm not emotionally stable enough to be in this relationship anymore and I sometimes feel like I should just end it so the pain will stop.. But, I love him like crazy and I'm so scared of what would happen if we were to break up. I've never been so paranoid in a relationship before and I hate it. It's like I need constant reassurance from him every second and that's a horrible way to be.

I feel so confused. :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment