Pages

Search blog and web

Good communication is critical to a great marriage - Anyone disagree?

I think free and open communication is critical to a good marriage and sustaining long term success. This dovetails very well with the concept of radical honesty, but great communication doesn't have to have radical honesty.

Just this morning, I was in the kitchen eating breakfast with my wife. I was using our Ipad while my wife was talking to me. After a few minutes, she proceeds to tell me "Since you are so interested in the Ipad and not really talking to me, I'm done talking to you". I say to her, what do you mean, I've been talking to you. She responded "But you weren't really paying attention to me, and since you weren't here all week you should be paying attention to me and not the Ipad".

That type of communication nips things in the bud. It allows you do diffuse short term situations, alerts your spouse when you are feeling short changed, curbs resentment since things aren't bottled up and it can help curb bad habits from developing.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment