Pages

Search blog and web

What on earth is his motivation?! (Long self-pitying thread alert)

Last week Friday while waiting for my sister in-law for dinner, I waited at a coffee shop. Was greeted by a typically cheerful and charming server (let's call him Ted) and ordered myself a latte. Sister in-law got there shortly after and we went off to eat. I suggested we went back to the coffee shop for a drink which we did, and Ted was just leaving and he said to me "Aw, that's nice! I was hoping you'd come back for me" and that was the end of that story. I didn't suspect anything, I'm not that presumptuous, haha!

So this Wednesday I went back to the shop (btw, the shop is right near my university and it becomes my second home during exam time) after an exam and I was with my friend, and another person served us but Ted was standing near by and muttered something to the lady serving us and she told us our drinks were free, and Ted winked at me. Again, didn't suspect anything 'cause I thought maybe there was just a promotion going on or something, and this guy is ridiculously hot, and I'm...not. I mean, apparently I have a "sexy" face, but I'm kinda fat (size 16) which I know would overrule a pretty face for loads of guys.

So the next day (Thursday) I was in the coffee shop all day studying, went up to order my usual and again, another person served me and Ted jokingly "took over" and asked me what I wanted, the other server said "you stole my customer!" and he said "No, she's MY customer" while winking at me, and so I ordered and he told me he was paying for my drink. It was a bit of an awkward situation 'cause when he said he'd pay, I thought I'd heard him wrong 'cause he has a bit of an accent, I thought maybe this is another promotion of some sort. He had to go to the back room straight after offering to pay, so I asked the girl serving "is there some sort of promotion going on?" and she shrugged, smiled and said no. At this point I was starting to think maybe I was wrong and he may be interested in me?

Now to yesterday, I was there again but earlier because I had tons of work to do, and a few minutes after I had sat down, he came in for his shift. He saw me, sat opposite me and asked me how I was etc, very brief convo, he said he was already five mins late for his shift, then he said I was the only customer he'd ever sat with.

Later on however, his GIRLFRIEND surprised him at work and they sat down and he had his break with her. I was super confused by this point, and got annoyed with myself for being so presumptuous. Btw, it was definitely his girlfriend, they kissed and were generally acting sickeningly cute with each other.

Now for the question. I'm super naive about this stuff, flirting etc. I've never had a boyfriend, never really had guy friends, and I've always been mega awkward with most guys, although there are some that I can be myself around (I went to an all girls school ok?!). Was he flirting with me? And what other motivation could he have for paying for my drinks? Like I said, I just thought I misjudged the whole thing because of my inexperience, but I told two of my really good friends (one is a guy) and they both said it sounds like he's into me...even though he has this (very attractive) girlfriend already. Plus I would've thought, even with the girlfriend, that if he was into me, he wouldn't be so lovey dovey with her in front of me, he'd be more sketchy.



LONG STORY SHORT: Barista at coffee shop bought me a couple of drinks, seemed to be flirting but he has a girlfriend. Is he just being friendly or what?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment