Pages

Search blog and web

Help needed from LGBT friendly students near North London

Hey there! This forum post refers in particular to LGBT friendly students who attend the following colleges:

- City & Islington
- Barnet & Southgate
- Enfield & Haringey
- Hertford Regional
- Other colleges I may have missed in/near North London

Basically, I'm planning to go back to college this year to study Health & Social Care but I'm struggling to make a final decision as to what college I want to attend.

What I'd like to know is if any of these colleges, from what you've seen or from your own experience, are suitable for LGBT students. Is there a good LGBT community? Are there any events or support groups (hosted by the college or the students themselves) available at the colleges or nearby to them? Is the area suitable for LGBT students? From what I've read and heard, City & Islington seems like the best option at the moment, what do you think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This topic is quite important for me when choosing a college as I'm gay but that side of my life has never really gone anywhere. It's difficult for me as I've come out to my family but I have no gay friends and am not close with any gay people, so that side of my life isn't going anywhere really. I'd like to meet some gay people so I can become more confident and get involved with that side of my life a bit more and finally be my true self, but I don't know what colleges can help me with that.

Thanks for reading nevertheless. :)




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment