Pages

Search blog and web

Dirty Dancing

I'm invited to join a regular dance night for fun, exercise, & socializing but when I tried it last night it seemed extremely sensual and requires constant partner-changes. I was only there to pick someone up, so did not join the group at first, but finally out of curiosity I gave in to a partner invitation toward the end. I kept things simple on my part and only danced with the one guy.

I was told it is a new style of dance popular in this region of the country. It is relatively slow and fluid and sensual. To me as a spectator, it looked very sexual.

The participants were people of all ages, twenties through fifties from what I could tell, of varying abilities.

The thing is that my H and I live about an hour apart due to work. I am alone most of the week, as well as being a newcomer, & I would like to get out, meet people, and get some exercise. This social dance takes place weekly as well as at a few other places around town on other nights.

As a former dancer/gymnast, I am sure I could become very good at this and have a good time. I am wondering if I am being overly prudish by blushing at some of what I saw. I am reminded of "Dirty Dancing" and now I am reacting like the old people!

It's in public, "everyone's doing it," and it could be a lot of fun.

But I found myself thinking, "I wouldn't move like that with anyone but my husband!" Then I felt so prudish. If it's dance, and in public, does it matter?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment