Pages

Search blog and web

Are there any TV shows with a good female role model?

I am very strict on what I allow my daughter to watch/read/play etc. Truth is I won't let her watch most shows today, especially ones aimed at girls, most are quite vile.

Recently she was about to watch a TV show she found on Netflix and the first scene was some woman giving a guy oral. Joy.

So I immediately turned it off and told her she was not allowed to watch it. I most certainly won't allow her to watch shows like Jersey Shore. Sadly the vast amount of TV that has women in it usually has them in the role of plaything or mostly useless character. There is a show called "Girls" that my daughter has told me she wants to watch but being the premise is:

Quote:

A comedy about the experiences of a group of girls in their early 20's.
Which basically means watching girls get involved in all manners of hedonism and debauchery.

Luckily, I did buy my daughter some old stuff like I love lucy, father knows best, leave it to beaver, lots of older stuff and she loves them all.

But are there any shows today that have women in a positive role and doesn't involved lots of sex and stuff? Thanks!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment