Pages

Search blog and web

Need Help Kindling Fire w/Depressed LD Wife

Hi all, the problem I'm facing is that my wife has been diagnosed with major depression and PTSD from childhood trauma (non-sexual trauma). We've been together 10 years, married 6, and sex used to be fantastic.

However, in recent years we've had a myriad of problems, and although it has led to her being LD, we have resolved most of them and get along great, but are in a sexless marriage. Meaning we've had sex around 5 times in the last ~ two years.

On top of that, I have mild depression and self esteem issues, which also hurts things. Plus we have a 1 year old running around the house wearing us out, so I don't have the energy to work out and get in really good shape again.

She doesn't seem to care about lack of sex at all, but I feel like I am miserable without it. I know her medication stifles her desire level too, but I feel like I'm at the end of my rope.

I have no desire to leave or cheat or anything like that. But does anyone have any advice on how to approach this situation and get things started back up again? Specifically with a LD partner with depression? It's hard to stay positive and confident, which are probably the two things that would help most, so I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment