Pages

Search blog and web

Husband is 65 year old workaholic

First of all, this is the 2nd marriage for both my Husband and I. I an in my 50's, he is in his 60's. We have 4 adult children between us. He has always had his own Business, which does require a lot of attention from him, as he takes tremendous pride in his work and also thrives on working hard. I am a very lucky woman. I work from home and and am also the bookkeeper for his business. We have been married for 10 years, and his work ethics are no surprise. I assumed as we got older, he would take a little more time for us. I was so wrong. He leaves around 6 a.m., and gets home around 7 p.m., or later 5 days a week at least. He comes home, takes a shower, eats, and then gets in his recliner and usually sleeps for 1-2 hours BEFORE we go to bed. This is getting progressively worse. I know he loves me deeply, and is very good to me. I guess I thought my later years would be shared more with him. When I address issue in any way with him, he gets very defensive. It seems that the "right" time for us to have more quality time together, as he says,never quite gets here. I am running out of answers, Counseling is not an option, as that would take him away from work. Any suggestions? Thank you :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment