Pages

Search blog and web

How to get my boyfriend to talk to my friends and family

My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for 8 months now. He comes up to visit me at uni as much as he can, but when he's withme and my new friends he's incredibly shy. Its like he just doesn't know what to say :( he doesn't even try to make much conversation with them at all. Its getting to the point now where i'm a little embarrassed- I dont think my friends like him very much because he comes across as so unwilling to talk. He is 4 years older than I am, so why should he find it difficult talking to people? He's a sociable guy generally, I don't understand why he isn't chatty with my friends too.

And its the same with my family! When he stays at my parents house with me during the holidays, if i go for a shower in the morning he just sits in my room waiting for me to come out! He doesn't go and chat to my mum and dad or anything. My mum once said to me 'why does he always hide in your room? Is he really shy?' but thats the thing, he's not a particularly shy guy :( am i doing something wrong? I just want him to be familiar with and get on with my friends and family, is it too much to ask?

He has met them quite a few times now, so i dont understand why there has been no progress on the communication front. I always try to involve him in parties and get-togethers with friends when he visits, not to overwhelm him, but to include him in my social life. Its not like I ignore him around my friends or anything, i try to get him involved in the convo but he just doesn't seem to get into it :/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment