Pages

Search blog and web

Why Does An Older Member Of Staff Get Respected More Than Me?

Work in an off-license.

I notice I get abused a lot, in the sense that people say that the beers are on offer when in fact they are not.

3 classic examples, of me being taken advantage of were...

(1) A man working for a telecoms company (Hate these reps so much) came to the store to buy some beer. He then says he's going to pay with his credit card. I tell him that we don't have a credit card machine (we have never had one as there have been a lot of scammers in the area), but the person says he came last week and paid with a credit card. Not only did he lie, but he also didn't listen to me.

(2) I had reps coming in from different companies trying to flog their products. They say stuff like 'your manager knows us' and 'we sell at a good price'. These people don't leave even though I tell them that I'm just a worker

(3) Had some rude customer telling me off for giving him the wrong lottery ticket (for the wrong day) even though he told me to give him the ticket for his numbers.

The point I'm trying to get is that I'm 20, and these people don't show any respect. However, when a older member of staff work they get treated with a lot of respect. For example, the man with the lottery problem was being so nice yesterday when my 40 year old colleague served him. Furthermore, people smile more often and converse more with the older colleagues.

I'm very interested to know why I don't get respect when I'm giving others respect, whilst my other colleagues get respected.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment