Pages

Search blog and web

16 and no hobbies

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on this situation I'm in right now.

I'm 16, male, currently at sixth form college, hoping to do some kind of engineering at university. Right now, being in a top sixth form college, the work load is pretty heavy, but I feel like nobody should be doing the amount of work that I am doing. I literally work solid on my academics every night during the week past 11, and most of Saturday and Sunday. I quit most of the hobbies I used to do, such as air cadets, piano, running etc, last year when I started to struggle with work. But now I have no hobbies, and it kills me of boredom, I don't even leave the house unless it is for academic purposes.

So I've been trying to work out how I can develop my hobbies, and ultimately, my personality. I looked for things that I can get involved with around college, like starting new sports, which I really feel I need to do. But all the opportunities require you be exceptional at the sport already. (For example - handicap of 10 minimum to start golf at the college, football clubs are only for elite players, etc.) It just feels like 16 is too late to get new hobbies, because people expect that by this age, you would be well into your hobbies by now.

Right now, I don't feel like I'm developing as a person. I'm introverted, and I don't want to be, but I struggle to talk to people because we have no common ground with which we can relate. And I know that getting hobbies and interests is so important, but I just can't find out how to start these hobbies.

Any suggestions?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment