Pages

Search blog and web

Female point of view please

I've been married to my wife for 3.5 years and it will be 6 years since our first date next week. We have an 8 month old daughter together. I'm asking if the women out there think that there is anyway to save my marriage.

My wife decided that she wanted a divorce. She says that she does not feel safe with me. After reading the 5 Love Languages book, I realize that I have not been showing her love in her language either. We are both under a lot of stress outside of just our marriage. I am in school for my Masters and spend a lot of time doing research. I also work a full time job that takes me away for 24 hours every third day. She works in healthcare working 4p-4a 13 nights a month. She has been coming home and going to bed by 5am and then taking care if the baby when she gets up around 9-10 for the past 6 months. Not that I don't want to help but school and work takes me away in the mornings. She has said "I love you so much" just a few weeks ago and even said she still loves me during all of this just not in an intimate way. I read about the walk away wife syndrome and it seems exactly like our situation. I even mentioned that to her as well. I am not sure that it is all me that makes her want the divorce. I think she is exhausted physically as well as emotionally because of me. I have told her I wanted to change the problems that she has brought in the past so that we could work on things. She said I should of done it sooner which I agree that I should have. I have also scheduled counseling for myself to get help with some anger/temper issues that I have (she says that's 90% of her problems with me).

I love this woman more than anything on this planet and would do anything to get her back. I have just done a horrible job at showing her this over the years. I realize now after reading that book that her love language is acts of service and quality time. Since she asked me to move out, quality time is not really an option. I have been going to our house and cleaning it from top to bottom for her to show her that I care and want to do the things she needs. I hope that is not wrong of me (she knows I go over there when she is at work to get things and says she is not mad about it). Is there any way to save my marriage? Am I doing things that will hurt my chances or should I just continue to show my commitment to seeking help and wanting to do the right things for her? I do not want to lose her as she is my true reason for being. I have been in other long term dating relationships and realize that she is the only one for me (she does not have any past relationship exp eriences...at least not serious ones).

I don't want to sound like a pansy here but she really is everything to me. Any help from a woman on how I can win her back if that is even possible would be appreciated .




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment