Pages

Search blog and web

Trouble with parents

Looking for some advice.

I'm 30 years old and I live with my gf. We live relatively near my parents home, some 2 hours away.

Yesterday I had a another "situation" with them and I'm so frustrated I decided to seek help online from you guys.

This is the story; my mother called my gf and she told her how it would be great "they" come over for visit. My gf said "of course".

Then my GF called me up from work, and told me they said they are coming to visit, and I immediately asked her "who exactly is coming, both of them or one of them"?

So she called my mother back and asked something about preparing lunch and what would they want, and my mother said "oh you don't need to do anything special, I'll come alone, my husband has some plans for tomorrow so he won't come".

BS. I called my father and asked him what is he doing tomorrow, and he said "nothing special, why?"

My mother did this many times and I'm sick of it.

So let me explain their situation and you be the judge. My parents work together, they have their own company. They live in the same house, but in separate rooms. But it's the same house.

I'm sick of playing double telephone with them, if I call my mother up and tell her about whatever, I know I'm supposed to call my father also, because she certainly won't tell him that I've called.

When I was living in another town, few years ago, they always came to visit me together. It was a 4 hour drive so I guess they figured it's economical to carpool.

Now that I'm "near by" they (my mother for the most part) come in halves.


I threw a fit yesterday about it and my gf caught flak for it, she tried to explain to me how I won't change them or bring them back together. But that's not what I want. I don't want to play Oprah with them, I just want my parents to respect me and my girlfriend, and if they can live on the same address and work in the same company, is it really that outlandish to expect them to visit me together?

Anyway...I'm open to all suggestions...thanks for listening.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment