Pages

Search blog and web

Can you reconcile with friends?

Been off here for a long time, still working on our R but here are the highlights.
Found out the wife cheated with someone we met while at a bar party with friends, then found out 10 years ago she cheated with a neighbor once, on top of this she was sexting someone else she met at a girls nite. Added to this was one of my friends had propositioned her thru texts and during the month of the fog with the cheating and sexting stuff they also exchanged some pics but never got together(I saw the texts).
Now I am not totally innocent, party at friends house me and friends wife go to get some food about 5 in the morning, we stopped made out kissing rubbing etc but no sex. That was about 3 years ago, nothing ever happened after (her and I talked on the way back to the party, neither wanted to destroy our marriage or our friends) and life moved on. When all the stuff about my wife came out in order to try and start our road to recovery on open honest terms I confessed my infidelity as well, and we informed the other people involved in what had happened.
Both of their marriages are fine or seem to be so we haven't really talked to them much since all this has happened, we haven't talked to very many of our friends period as we thought it was best to get our relationship back on track.
Ok so here is my question (sorry for being long winded) we had a large group of friends (16-20) who were together quite a bit in one form or another(dinner with another couple, parties, concerts etc) for several years and honestly I miss the social stuff(I am self employed and can go days with very little social interaction) can you reconcile with these people? in such a large group and with everyone being together so much it is rare when one couple or the other isn't at one of these gatherings so we just don't go out.
Given the transparency and the monitoring of each other that we do, I do believe we could begin to see these people again in a limited fashion. I don't ever see us going out as couples with these people but if we were all at the same party etc. that may be ok.
My wife is against me having any contact with the woman and I understand, honestly I am not sure about being around the friend she sexted with either but I also don't think we should be hermits either.
Any thoughts would be great, anyone else been in a similar spot? If I am crazy let me know I really have no idea right now just looking for some advice.
Thanks




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment