Pages

Search blog and web

Trying NOT to loose the battle with Depression

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and have two beautiful daughters. We have everything we imagined a beautiful home, great jobs don't want or need for anything but recently my husbands depression has really drove a wedge between us. We will go periods of time where we will be so happy and I think to myself how incredibly lucky I am to be married to my best friend but those don't last long. Soon he begins to get irritable and anger soon follows. He does whatever he can to pick fights with me and sometimes I divert these episodes because im conscious of the signs but there are other times I fall into his web. I hear his negativity and I react thus fueling HUGE fights, weeks of not talking and just complete disrespect. These fights are so petty in nature and every word, expression body language is dissected and the blame game begins. then we get over it only for the cycle to continue a few weeks / months later. recently he lost his mother and as a result has to take care of his father literally a week after her passing we welcomed our 2nd daughter and things have spiraled out of control. He has acknowledged his depression but rather then deal with his issues he would rather push me away saying he wants to be alone and talks of divorce. My heart breaks because I don't know what to do. I hate to see the man I love not love himself. I wonder what impact this will have on my girls. I don't want to leave but I also can not take the verbal abuse and fights anymore. He says he wants to be left alone and needs time but a part of me feels like I am abandoning him by doing that. I am so confused and don't want to loose my best friend.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment