Pages

Search blog and web

Coffee shops, French Baristas, and getting my sh!t together.

Hello all,
This is the sequel to my previous post regarding my out of control crush on another woman from a coffee shop. For those of you who did not read my previous post this basic jist was as follows:

1. Married for 10 years with three children.
2. Found a great cheap coffee shop.
3. Hot French barista chick started paying me attention.
4. Three weeks of friendly chit chat/mild flirting.
5. Build a chemical bond with her/felt like I fell in love with her.
6. Removed myself from the coffee shop and came to TAM to see what else I could do to forget about her.

The purpose of this post is to share what I learn and not to get advice. I was really fcuked up. I felt so emotional like I have gone through a huge break up. I wanted to see her every day. It took 4 weeks of not going there, for this addiction to be broken. Now that I'm back to normal, I can't believe what had happened to me, like some spell was placed over me. Someone had power over me and I don't like that too much.

So, I went back there. Yes, you read that right, I went back to the coffee shop. Why, not the reason that you're probably thinking. I went back there to see if she still affects me the way that she did, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing! I went back there, and pretty mush snubbed her, looked at my phone the whole time I was waiting for my coffee, so I don't know if she was looking at me or not but I gave her no eye contact what so ever.

I have realized something important that I never thought before. This problem that I had to face had absolutely nothing to do with her and everything to do with me. I have sacrificed my life, given up all forms of fun and excitement in my life simply because there is no room for them with children around. I don't look forward to the weekends or anything, I have nothing to look forward too. So when ever there is an opportunity of excitement, my brain goes nuts. That is why this happened.

So I have decided that I need a major life change. I need to feed my soul. I need to have dreams and aspirations again. I need to have something too look forward too. I need just a little excitement again. I need friendships. With a life devoid of any satisfaction, how can I make the right choices when the devil appears on my shoulder? The guilt I feel will one day run out. Fulfillment is a much better motive to be a good father and husband and that is my goal.

I have been back there numerous times and have felt nothing towards this chick. So I wanted to share my little story because I have seen other people on here who have become addicted to anther man/woman, and it has confused the fcuk out of them. I just wanted to say, no matter how desperate you feel in the moment, a little cold turkey can solve it.

Thank you for reading.
Gonecrazy

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment