Pages

Search blog and web

Ex-wife Called Me an A-hole In Front of Kids

There is a bit of backstory here that I'll omit, but long story short my ex always seemed unusually interested in my brother's life while we were married and while I never stated it to her, it always bothered me. He is getting married this weekend and my kids and I will be attending the wedding and I intentionally did not mention it to my ex as it is none of her business. So I was picking up my kids from my ex's after school yesterday to take my son to soccer and once the kids and I were in the car, she came up to the window and asked what time his game was that weekend. I told her then for the first time that we had a wedding to attend and she starts freaking a little and asking when I was going to let the coach know. This low key is park district soccer and I intended to let the coach know about the absence that night at practice, but she is a control freak and gets irate about this. I of course revert to old patterns and get defensive and tell her that this is not life and death and that I'd let him know later. She replies angrily that "You're such an a – hole" and storms off. To me, being critical of the other parent in front of the kids is off limits, not to mention the choice of words used. I was very angry by this and didn't really know what to say to the kids so Ignored it and drove off.

At this point, I do not know if I should say something to the kids, to her, or to just ignore it and move on. Any thoughts?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment